Participant Rights and Responsibilities
- To be treated, and to treat others, with dignity and respect.
- To refrain from using, buying, or selling drugs on Jefferson County Public Health property and its neighbors’ properties.
- To refrain from bringing children or minors when accessing services.
- To dispose safely of all used needles in a puncture-proof container after one use.
- To access supplies so that every injection is done with a new needle.
- To receive information that can help reduce some of the risks of injecting drugs, including how to prevent and respond to an overdose.
- To receive referrals for mental health, substance use, and/or other vital health and social services, as requested.